A RECOVERY HOME & HEALING SUPPORT COMMUNITY FOR WOMEN
Come walk & heal with us
A Support Community for Women
Narrow Road Home offers a continuum of support and care through customized residential recovery programs for women struggling with domestic violence, abuse, addiction and life crisis.
Join our healing community as an advocate, volunteer, supporter or donator. It takes many hands to transform a woman’s life.
about our program
We are a residential recovery home for women
Narrow Road Home is a unique faith-centered healing program for women struggling with addiction, domestic violence, mental health issues, emotional disturbances, life crisis or abuse. NRH is for women who have finally come to the end and are willing to try a new way of life. Women who are tired of their current destructive coping mechanisms and adaptations that are no longer working.
NRH is made up of a passionate team and a community of caring and committed individuals. Your experience and connections at NRH do not end when you leave our centre as we truly offer a transformational experience. Life teachers, mentors, psychologists, Certified Life Coaches, Chaplins, Pastors and volunteers make up our tribe to support you every step of the way.
- 18 years of age or older
- Suffering and in crisis (does not need to be chemically-based)
- You do not need to live locally in Alberta to attend our centre
- Must be medically detoxed (if necessary)
- You are committed to walk away from all your current triggers and unsafe escape hatches
- Referrals from doctors, psychiatrists or psychologists are accepted
The initial introduction to the program is an informative phone interview with one of our Admissions Coordinators, consisting of a general Program overview and Q & A, providing a comprehensive outline of our program services and client criteria for admission. At this juncture, potential clients will be provided the Fee Schedule for admission to our program.
At NRH you can expect to find your smile again. While we engage in a myriad of educational treatment-based modules, we also make cookies, go hiking, have pajama parties, work at the Narrow Road Creperie & Co. and attend events. Amidst all that we also offer career counselling and networks for those needing to re-establish themselves in the work force.
Watch Our Story
Explore our facilities
Our Recovery Homes
The Narrow Road Home, from its inception, has been designed to be a safe haven for healing and a landing place of hope and recovery for women.
The Narrow Road home Community
Our dedicated team & community
Support narrow road home
Creperie & Wear
Narrow Road Creperie & Co.
Narrow Road Wear Store
Narrow Road Home has recently launched an online clothing store with swag and cool stuff. All proceeds go into programming and scholarships for women unable to afford the program.
Kim Engbrecht, Executive Director
Making a difference award
Calgary, AB – The Calgary chapter of an international volunteer service organization, Soroptimist International, celebrated its award recipients last night at a banquet at the Delta Hotels Calgary Downtown.
Members of Soroptimist International of Calgary honoured Kimberley Engbrecht as the 2017 winner of the Making a Difference for Women Award. This award recognizes a woman who, through her professional or personal efforts, is making an extraordinary difference in the lives of women or girls.
Kimberley is a mother to six children and Executive Director of Narrow Road Home, a women’s recovery center in High River. It offers individualized recovery and healing programs for women who find themselves in unfortunate life crises and need professional support and recovery.
Narrow road home blog
Latest news & events
- This week’s inspiring Albertan: Kimberly CourtneyFebruary 5, 2020Founder of Narrow Road Home recovery centre helps -read more
- Looking Ahead to a Bright Future After Overcoming a Dark PastMay 11, 2019An open letter to her defense counsel and prosecution -read more
- Deceived by Lies, Restored by the Truth – Norma’s StoryApril 17, 2019John 8:32 – Then you will know the truth, and -read more
- Mother & Daughter Overcome Their Addictions Together!February 13, 2019https://youtu.be/kWjni83LXC4 It’s never too late -read more
- Head Chef For Narrow Road Creperie Shares Her Story, Struggles And Newly Found PassionDecember 27, 2018High River Online, Written by Cory -read more
Apply to our program
Call us at 403 710-0744